Pork Enchiladas using left over pork roast and ingredients I had on hand.
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 chopped poblano pepper
4 roma tomatoes
4 dollops greek yogurt
1 tbsp arrowroot
1 cup shredded or chopped pork
1 clove chopped garlic
2 cups shredded cheese
1/2 cup fresh spinach
12 corn tortillas
This recipe can easily be modified to use chicken or beef or even no meat.
1. Puree tomato and tomatillo and set aside
2. Saute onion in 1/2 tbsp olive oil until they start to turn clear
3. Add poblano pepper cook for about 3 minutes more
4. Add garlic and cook one more minute
5. Add shredded pork
6. Add 1/2 tomato/tomatillo puree into pan with onions and peppers. Cook 3 minutes
7. Add 4 dollops Greek yogurt
8. Add 1 tbsp arrowroot and remove from heat
9. Add spinach mix in. It will wilt as it warms. It will also wilt more in the oven.
10. Coat baking dish with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil
11. Pour 3 tbsp tomato/tomatillo in bottom of baking dish
12. Cover corn tortillas with a damp towel and microwave for 45 seconds to one minute to make them pliable
13. Fill each corn tortilla with a couple of tbsp of pork filling, add a little cheese. Roll closed and place seam side down in the baking dish. Continue until all 12 are filled and in the pan.
14. If you have any left over filling, pour it on top of the rolled enchiladas. Pour remaining tomato/tomatillo sauce on top
15. Put remaining cheese (1 1/2 cups) on top
16. Put under broiler until cheese is melted and browned. Squeeze some lime juice on top and serve.
I made this with left over pork and the other ingredients I had on hand. I needed a way to spruce up my left overs. I wish I had some cilantro on hand. I think it would have made it even better! I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!